Thursday, April 24, 2014

Epsom Salts Facila Scrub and Bath

I thought I'd go a different direction with my blog today.  I'm sure you've all seen the post floating around for a natural spa treatment using Epsom salts, I decided to try it.  Earlier in the day I had seen a facial using Epsom salt in an email. So I decided that it should be a "spa" night for me.  I rarely take baths, but tonight was a good night for on.  I've also heard that a few celebrities will take a bath with Epsom salts before an event.  It draws out excess water so they fit into their dresses better.


The bath recipe goes as such:  a handful of Epsom salts, 1/2C of baking soda and 10 drops of lavender essential oil.  I'm sure any essential oil will do, just add your favorite scent.  I happen to really like lavender so that's what I used.  I washed out the tub and and added the mix.  As you can see, my bath didn't have the foamy white to the water as the picture showed.  I was bummed a bit.  I had seen bubble bath in the store earlier today and really (kinda) wanted bubbles.  It was after I turned the jets on in the jacuzzi tub, did I get the white color in the picture as well as a few bubbles!



Just as when my 2 youngest were little, I was not allowed to bathe by myself.  I had company. The "kids" had to come in and accompany me.  They are fascinated by the bath tub.  They will usually go in and out of the tub or just sit in there in someone manages to sneak into the bathroom with me.  When I turned on the jets, they weren't sure what to do.  At first, they all ran away because the sound scared them, then it was more curiosity than anything else.





Once I got my tub filled, I tried out the facial.  It consisted of 2 TBSP of honey and 2 TBSP of Epsom salts.  I only used 1/2 of this so you may want to half it in ingredients. You can see how lovely I look with the scrub all over my face.  After the scrub, my face felt so nice and smooth.  This facial is supposed too help flush toxins from skin, exfoliate dead skin, remove blackheads, clean skin and treat acne.  Here is the site for the facial.   I think next time I do the facial, I will grind the salts down a bit more.  Hopefully my coffee grinder can make it a bit smaller particles, that way the salt doesn't feel like rock salt!  (I love the new grinder I bought, it is great for spices as well.)  With smaller grains, I believe I will be able to get a better scrub and have the facial be more beneficial. I also didn't allow it to sit on my face for 30 minutes as directed.  Next time, I will!






After a nice, relaxing bath and a soothing facial, I was feeling relaxed.  So I baked cookies!   :)  

If you give either of these a try, let me know how you liked it, or not. 

Have a wonderfully cow filled day!!   


Leigh Anne

1 comment:

  1. lol Cute kitties. Glad it was a relaxing experience. We usually only do an epsom soak when we're sore. It's great for that, too.

    ReplyDelete