Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April Ipsy Bag

Howdy, All!! 

Today, I have my April Ipsy bag to share with you.  I can honestly say I'm not as happy with this month's bag.  There are always so many options as to what Ipsy sends to each person and I seem to get the not so exciting items.  

This month, I got Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant.  I am excited about trying this with my facial spin brush.
Pop! Goes the Shadow is a small, single eyeshadow in Champagne. This color is a light, neutral color that will be great as the brow line shadow.  

Also sent was a 24/7 Velvet in Black Velvet eyeliner from Urban Decay.  I do like eyeliners that help make the smoky eye effect look more "smoky".  I'm not very successful with the smoky eye, but I try!  This eyeliner went on very smooth. I can see why it's called "velvet"!!  Now to see how it wears and for how long! My wear test is to sleep with it on.  I will NOT post a picture of my morning eyes!  You don't deserve to be scared off so soon.  The liner was smeared a bit and about 50% gone.  It wouldn't last on me for very long I'm afraid.  But I do love it!

I was also sent a lip pencil by Starlooks in Naked.  I states it is a  "luscious longwear lip pencil.  I am not keen on lip liners so I applied this as a full lip cover.  I don't care for the color.  It is way too light to even be noticeable.  and it is a very matte color, to boot.

Last, but certainly not least, included was a brush from Coastal Scents.  I look at the brushes on the Coastal Scents all the time.  One day I will get myself a full set of them.  I'm not very knowledgeable in the use of makeup brushes, but I am learning.  Of course, I can use the brushes that come with some makeup sets, but I know there is so much more that you can use the brushes for.  And I want to be able to use them all in the right way!   


Here are the eye products as I applied them.  I won't use the lip liner as a lip liner as I decided to try it out as an eye liner!  What do you think?  And here I am with everything on.  I seriously don't like taking pictures of myself. 




















So there it is.  My April Ipsy bag shown in all it's glory!  Hope you have an awesome cow-filled day!!!



Leigh Anne


4 comments:

  1. We got similar bags, except I got a perfume oil roll-on and a Mary Kay lip gloss instead of the brush and lip liner. I'll have it on my blog tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How was the perfume? And I would have preferred the lip gloss than the pencil.

      Delete
  2. If you're wanting to learn more about makeup brushes and stuff, check out gossmakeupartist/gossmakeupchat on youtube. He's got some great info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check it out. I'm ok with whatever brushes I have to do what I want but I'm sure I could learn a few things!

      Delete